Please sign up to become part of the One in Two: Unlock the Future coalition – a group of people who share an aspiration to see positive change for young Indigenous Australians at both community and policy level, through legislation, in media and in the broader culture of our nation.
Your first name and location will be added to the map, along with your comment. If you’re not sure what to say, here are some ideas:
- I support the One in Two: Unlock the Future campaign
- I want to unlock the future for Indigenous young people
- Australia, we need to lower the Indigenous juvenile incarceration statistic
Please note that comments will be moderated by Big hART, and those that are perceived as derogatory, or include strong and personal attacks on individuals, or are opinions that have nothing to do with the campaign, won’t be made live on the map.
There isn’t much time until the next federal election, and we want to make sure we are voting in people that care about this issue as much as we do.
We will soon have a facility on this site for you to discover by how many votes your local member of parliament won their seat by in 2013. This will be the number of people we hope you can help us reach to sign up to the One in Two: Unlock the Future campaign.
It is our hope that soon every person that joins the campaign will also write to their MP about the issue of high incarceration rates of Indigenous young people – asking them what they plan to do about it.
By signing up, you will also receive regular updates by email.
Terms & Conditions
The term Big hART or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the site. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this blog may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
Moderation of comments
In the comments we want to act as good hosts. We encourage personal opinions, as long as it is in the spirit of this campaign. Comments with the following content will likely be moderated:
- Banning or other words that can be perceived as derogatory
- Strong and personal attacks on other individuals
- Opinions that essentially has nothing with the contents of the article to do